Are you planning a stay at our language school? Or are you already on site and you’re looking for some recommendations in Heredia?
No worries, we will help you! Here are our top recommendations for what to do in Heredia. From the best smoothie to the coldest waterfall. At the end of the article you can also read some funny fact about our Heredia campus staff.
- The best smoothie you can get right around the corner from Intercultura, on Avenida 6.
- The best coffee you find at Café Armonía, which also has a great atmosphere and comfy sofa-chairs to while away an afternoon on.
- The Loving Hut is the best vegan restaurant. It’s simple, unpretentious and delicious! On the east side of the “Parque de las Embarazadas” (we’ll explain that name later!)
- The closest mountain for a hike is located in Bosque de la Hoja. going up from San Rafael, beautiful pine forest, plus large grassy areas for picnicking and enjoying the view, or Cerro Danta Nature Reserve, where Dantas (tapirs) are still very present in the forest. If you are very lucky you will see one!
- The coldest waterfall is definitely in Cerro Danta Nature Reserve! There are two beautiful waterfalls, but hardly anyone swims there because they are so cold! You can do it though!
- The closest volcano is Barva… a short drive up the mountain “San José de la Montaña”, through countryside, fields and forest. It’s a beautiful drive, following by an even more beautiful hike through the national park’s moss-covered forest and up to the huge lagoon situated in one of the craters (no longer active), which you can swim in, if you can take the cold water!
Now you know what to do in Heredia. If you want to know more insider tips you always can ask Geovanna at reception. She helps you with all your questions and provides you a lot of information about Heredia.
As promised here are the funny facts about the campus and/or staff:
- Marcelo, our Spanish director, has been with us since the school’s beginnings and is an incredible resource on everything from Costa Rican history to literature to linguistics. In addition, he has travelled and performed representing Costa Rica in international folkloric dance presentations!
- Jesús, our much-loved Spanish professor, had the starring role in the San José production of the Rocky Horror Picture Show!
- Adelita & Laura, the two founding directors, met while working at a language school in San José. One day Laura saw Adelita talking behind closed doors with a colleague, and jokingly suggested they were planning to open their own school… as it turns out, they were! That was the beginning of Intercultura.
- Our first-ever student, Sandra, was from Switzerland, and Adelita was her teacher.
If you want to know more about our city location in Heredia, click here.
Or contact us and we’ll provide you all the information you need and help with your questions.