Teen Spanish Summer
DON´T MISS OUT ON OUR 2 SPECIAL DEALS:
Get 15% OFF if you sign up latest by April 30 OR sign up with A FRIEND and get 20% OFF each of you!
This Adventure immerses teenagers in the Spanish language and culture of Costa Rica with:
Fun dynamic Spanish classes - Volunteer work experience - Cultural activities and tours - Homestay with local families
"Intercultura has hosted teens ages 13-17 for 20 years and helped them improve their Spanish skills, which will help them throughout life. It’s the experience of a lifetime! A summer camp like none other." Read the full article in the Costa Rican Times!
WHAT TEEN CAMP INCLUDES:
With Intercultura’s Spanish Camp for teenagers, have an unforgettable summer!
- 20 intensive hours of Spanish Immersion Classes each week
- experience for college applications
- local volunteer projects and language exchange with local teens
- weekend trips to Costa Rica’s best destinations
- mid-week trips to waterfalls, volcanoes, chocolate and coffee tours, animal sanctuaries and more!
- cultural and language immersion with local homestay family (includes private room, breakfast & dinner, laundry service and outings with the family)
- encourages growth, independence and global knowledge
- daily cultural activities such as Latin dance, cooking class, movies in Spanish and more!
Intercultura has over 20 years of experience hosting teen groups ... we know how to offer the experience of a lifetime!
Not only is this an exciting, memorable camp experience, but also a valuable personal growth experience, through the acquisition of a foreign language, involvement in local volunteer projects and in gaining independence as a global traveler and citizen.
Students will study in our Vibrant Historic Heredia campus their first week where they stay with one of our trusted, loving homestay families. The second week takes place at our Tropical Beachfront Campus in Playa Sámara. They will be escorted to and from all activities with their bilingual chaperone who takes care of all logistics and make sure the teens are safe and engaged throughout the program.
JOIN US FROM JULY 7th TO 21st, 2019!
Our teen summer camp starts on Sunday.
- Students should book their flights to arrive to SJO (San José Airport) on Sunday, July 7th and depart from SJO on Sunday, July 21st.
- If your teen should like to arrive earlier or stay later, they may do so. Their host family will be responsible for them and the fee is $25 per night. There are no organized activities on these additional days and lunch is not included.
Please inquire for one-week session rates!
Tuition includes: classes, homestay, all meals, local ground transportation, all excursions & activities, and volunteer placement. Airfare to/from Costa Rica is not included.
A TYPICAL DAY:
- Breakfast with the homestay family
- Morning activity (ex. Volunteer activity, Poás Volcano, surf lesson, local eco-hike, Latin dance class, local cooking class, La Paz Waterfall Gardens, Chocolate or coffee tour, arts and crafts class, Spanish movie)
- Lunch at local restaurant with other teens and chaperone
- Spanish Class from 1:30pm to 5:30pm
- Dinner with host family
- Between the first and second week, take a trip to: Jacó and Manuel Antonio National Park
EXAMPLES OF VOLUNTEER PROJECTS:
- Local School
- Animal Shelter
- Beach / Park Clean-ups
- Community Beautification
- Elderly Care
CONTACT JOHANNAH - OUR TEEN GROUP COORDINATOR:
FORMER TEENS & PARENTS:
"My favorite thing about camp was getting to meet new people in a new country and have an amazing experience. I loved all the activities and getting to try new things everyday. I would definitely stay with the same host families again. Our moms were so sweet and loving. They treated you like their own kids and just wanted to get to know you. I especially loved my Mama Tica in Heredia because she was always always laughing and having the best time. And I think talking to people around town or in our home stays really helped. Especially over dinner or another meal. That was the best time. I would definitely recommend Intercultura to other students. It's a great way to learn Spanish while having the time of your life and meeting new friends. All the activities are well planned out and you're surrounded by teachers and adults who want to help you however they can. Everyone is extremely open and sweet. Overall it was one of the best trips I've ever been on and I would recommend it to everyone trying to improve their Spanish. Muchas gracias." Bella soboleski, Teen Camp 2017, email@example.com
"Dayton made it home safe and sound. He had the time of his life. He really liked his chaperone, Justin and speaks highly of him. Only complaint was the size of the spiders. Which is funny. I really appreciate the effort and energy you put in to making sure the kids learned Spanish and had the opportunity to tour your beautiful country." Anastasia Wilson, Teen Camp 2014