Jobs at Intercultura
Are you interested in teaching English?
General requirements for teaching positions (part time & full time):
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- TEFL/CELTA/TESOL certificate
- Teaching experience (preferred)
- A comfortable and welcoming work environment
- Job stability
- Paid ESL training and professional development
- Work Visa
- Legal & social benefits as guaranteed under CR labor law
- Competitive salaries
- Free Spanish classes & Cultural Activities
TEEN CAMP CHAPERONE - a two-week camp session every summer in July
The teen chaperone is the on-site contact person and liaison between teens and teachers, school administration and host families. He/she is responsible for accompanying teens on all activities outside class time, and keeping in contact with the homestays to make sure teens are complying with curfew and any other rules. On weekends, the chaperone accompanies the teens on weekend adventure tours, so she must be prepared to participate in activities such as rafting, zip-lining, horse-riding, biking and kayaking. It is not necessary to have prior knowledge of these things (except biking!), just to be willing to try them out, along with the teens.
While teens are in class, the chaperone has the option to take our regular adult classes, and can take these before, during and/or after the program (4 weeks total of free classes provided). For accommodations, chaperones will live with one of our host families close to the school, or they may stay in their own lodging if they choose.
The chaperone should be…
- a self-starter with lots of initiative
- able to quickly resolve any problems that might arise
- empathetic and experienced dealing with teenagers
- strict when necessary, but kind
- interested in making sure this program is fun as well as educational
- outgoing and not afraid to jump into a new culture and figure out what needs to be done and where
- able to work without supervision when necessary
- a team player with a positive attitude
- genuinely interested in cultural exchange and Spanish language acquisition
Schedule: Classes 20 hours per week. Activities vary per day. In general chaperone will have blocks of free time here and there throughout the week and when there is free time scheduled on weekend tours. Evenings after teens go home are free, but chaperone must be available for emergency cellphone calls (school will provide SIM card and/or phone as necessary).
This sounds like what you are looking for? Please send your CV to email@example.com.