What we are and what we do!
Widely recognized as one of the top language schools in Costa Rica, Intercultura has a variety of Spanish programs for all ages and learners.
You can learn Spanish in Costa Rica with Intercultura’s internationally recognized Spanish programs, offered year-round at both city and beach campuses. Each Spanish course is designed for full immersion in real-life contexts and social interactions.
100 % 5/5 ***** on Trip Advisor
WHAT STUDENTS LIKE ABOUT INTERCULTURA COSTA RICA:
- Small class size with dynamic, engaging & highly qualified professors.
- Friendly, welcoming atmosphere and multilingual staff
- Two amazing, custom-built campuses – beachfront / historic city.
- Free daily cultural activities – students are never bored!
- Amazing homestays make students feel like part of the family
- Mix of student ages and nationalities, easy to make friends.
STUDENT BODY DATA:
NOTE: In summer and school holidays, there are more families, groups and college-age students.
At other times of the year independent travelers of all ages are the norm.
Average number of students: Heredia: 35 – 55 / Sámara: 50 – 88
Average number of courses: 12
Minimum age of students: 18 years (except family or school groups, run separately)
- Free coffee and tea
- Microwave for student use
- Fridge for student use
- Computer lab
- Movie room
- Study rooms
- Free water dispenser
- Free WIFI
- Smartboard in every classroom
- Adapted curriculum available
- Air conditioning in all classrooms
- Ample natural light in all classrooms
- 100% Solar paneled schools
- 15 Spanish classrooms in each campus
- 2 public PC workstations in each campus
- Wheelchair accessible classrooms, reception, coffee and toilets
ACCREDITATIONS, STUDY PROGRAMS & WORKSHOPS:
- ACTFL, SIELE, Bildungsurlaub, United Nations Global Compact IALC – (regional visit pending), iStudy Global Award Winner,
- Duke University, UNC Kenan- Flagler Business School, Organization for Tropical Studies, UCR, Crear Association, U of Southern Mississippi, Lead Abroad, Austin College, Francis Parker Charter, CEGEP Montreal, College de Maisonneuve, Putney UK, CR TEFL, UPeace United Nations Mandate
- ICEF, ACTFL, WYSTC, NAFSA, AATSP, OECD, Harvard Extension School.
- Heredia is the “land of eternal spring:” year-round averages of 78 F / 5 C
- Sámara beach is always hot and sunny: average temperatures of 89 F / 31.6 C
Note: Green season (best time of year!) is May – Oct, with light rains in afternoons.
Our reading tip: Why coming to Costa Rica during green season!
- Daily activities (Latin dance, cooking, films, local tour, zumba, yoga and arts)
- Free Wifi, Internet access and use of school computers
- Certificate of course attendance
- Language level placement test at first day of classes
- Free pickup for Heredia students with homestay from SJO airport
- Course book
FREE SCHOOL ACTIVITIES:
- Latin Dance: Daily, Mon – Thurs
- Latin American Cooking: 1/wk
- City tour: At start of program
- Movie afternoon/evening: 1/wk
- Zumba: 1/wk Heredia, 3/wk Sám.
- Yoga: 1/wk Heredia / 3/wk Sámara
- Arts & crafts: 1/wk -Sámara only
- Local outing: 1/wk Heredia only
Spanish teacher qualifications:
100 % hold a University degree in the field of Second Language Acquisition or Philology,
50% hold post-graduate certificates and
20% have Master´s degrees.
Languages spoken by staff:
English, Spanish, German, French & Portuguese
- Free from San José airport (SJO) for Heredia students with min 1 week homestay
- For Sámara campus students, students can arrive at SJO and take public or private transport ($20 – $150), or Liberia airport (LIR) and take private shuttle or taxi ($50 / $110)