Explore your surroundings through half-day or day excursions
Dolphin Tour -Snorkeling - Kayaking - Horseback riding - Cacao & Coffee Plantations –Indigenous Community Visit
No matter which our two school campus location you choose for your Spanish immersion program, our half-day or day tours give you the chance to see Costa Rica´s beautiful natural environment, unforgettable ocean and mountain views, and stunning sunsets.
Before or after your Spanish class...
- Take a morning cruise on a boat with your classmates to spot dolphins and go snorkeling.
- Kayak to the island "Chora" to learn about the ecosystem and the history of land conservation around Sámara.
- Go horseback riding in the mountains above Heredia or along the Sámara coastline.
- Visit an indigenous culture reserve in the central valley, or hike up to the crater of a live volcano!
- Paddle through the mangroves on a river to see a variety of birds and beautiful scenery.
- Take a mountain bike tour and visit some nearly deserted beaches!
And much more...
- POÁS VOLCANO & SARCHÍ: Hike up to the summit of a live volcano and visit Costa Rica’s artisanal woodworking cultural center
- LOS CHORROS WATERFALLS: Walk through the forest to a beautiful waterfall and enjoy swimming in the clear pools
- CAFÉ BRITT or DOKA: Learn about the history of coffee and learn about the cultivation process at this fun-filled tour of one of Costa Rica’s premier coffee plantations.
- SAN JOSE CITY: Visit museums, iconic architectural monuments and historic neighbourhoods in this insider’s tour of the country’s capital.
- CANOPY TOUR: Zipline through the rainforest canopy in this adrenaline-filled adventure!
- LA PAZ WATERFALLS: Walk through this astounding series of rainforest waterfalls and see tropical birds, large felines, monkeys and more at the onsite rescue center. Visit the serpentariam, butterfly gardens & reptile exhibits, followed by a delicious locally-sourced lunch.
- RAM LUNA: Enjoy a dinner at a mountain look-out restaurant with Costa Rican folkloric dance presentations
- CACAO PLANTATION: See how cacao is made and its relation to Costa Rican indigenous culture on this chocolate tour
- QUITIRRISÍ INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY: Learn about Costa Rica´s indigenous culture, history and traditions through a series of workshops and tour of the reserve.
- TORTUGA ISLAND: Sail to a beautiful tropical island with white sand beaches and crystal waters, for snorkeling and a delicious beach BBQ.
- WATER-RAFTING ON CHIRRIPO RIVER: Challenge yourself on world-class rapids through the rainforests and low-land jungles of Costa Rica.
- OCEAN DOLPHIN SEARCH: Go out to sea and see dolphins swimming alongside your boat!
- OCEAN KAYAK & SNORKELING: Visit beautiful Chora Island and snorkel in its transparent waters
- HORSEBACK RIDING: Ride well-cared for horses along the beach or up in the mountains
- MOUNTAIN BIKE: Visit a number of deserted beaches, like Buena Vista, Barco Quebrado or Barrigona
- RIVER KAYAK & WILDLIFE: On this paddle down Río Ora you will see countless examples of tropical fauna while enjoying the lush lowland forest.
- NATURE HIKE SÁMARA TRAILS: Trek through the Warner Sauter Wildlife Refuge, learning about lowland jungle and local fauna
- STAND UP PADDLE BOARD: Learn to SUP and tour the river or beach once your confidence is up!
- CAFÉ DIRIÁ: Learn about the history of coffee, organic production and the cultivation process at this beautiful mountain coffee plantation.
- RINCÓN DE LA VIEJA: Explore one of Costa Rica’s live volcano national parks, with hiking, hot-springs, boiling mud-pits, canopy tour, horse riding, tubing and rappelling.
- PALO VERDE NATIONAL PARK: Take a river tour through the national park, famous for its bird-watching opportunities.