Academic Spanish Immersion for Teenagers
Excellent academic standards and cultural immersion are guaranteed with this program. We will help your teen every step of the way to make sure s/he has an enriching and seamless educational immersion experience, with our highly qualified teachers and in the rich cultural heritage of Costa Rica.
YEAR-ROUND AT OUR VIBRANT, HISTORIC HEREDIA CAMPUS
In addition to our Teen Spanish Summer Camp, we offer a Spanish and Culture Immersion Program for Middle School & High School Students at an unbeatable price. This year-round, all-inclusive program takes place at our Historic Heredia Campus in Costa Rica. It is designed for students aged 13 to 18, to prepare them for college and gain independent, life experience; not only teaching them the Spanish Language, but also effective tools for communication and self-sufficiency in international environments.
The minimum length of attendance is one week. This program is a combination of Spanish Study, volunteering, and daily cultural activities, providing quality education with a major emphasis in Spanish study and the acquisition of skills in a foreign working environment customized to the needs of your High / Middle School Students.
If you are looking for an all-inclusive Academic Spanish Study Program for your son or daughter, Intercultura in Costa Rica is the ideal choice. Our Teen Spanish Immersion Program is designed to teach new intercultural communication skills, a global perspective and challenge the teens to achieve an excellent level of Spanish communication. Our program will inspire new ideas and awaken passions within your child. He or she will return home with incredible stories to tell and a deeper appreciation for the world around us and all the amazing opportunities that await them.
- Colorful and culturally rich Central American country
- Safe environment with our native English-speaking support staff
- Small groups, 2 to 6 students per teacher, or Private classes
- Experienced, credentialed, native teachers
- Dynamic, fun curriculm designed especially for teen learners
- Daily cultural activities
- Homestays with our trusted TEEN CHAPERONE Costa Rican families
- Modern, custom-designed facilities – a tropical oasis in the middle of downtown Heredia
- Fun and mind-opening volunteer commitment twice a week at our placements in and around Heredia (local schools, orphanages, daycare for senior citizens, recycling center or national park, with a certificate of participation documenting the volunteer work completed)
1 week: $780 (20 hours of group classes OR 15 hours private tuition, and $580 per additional week
Teens are not typically placed in group classes with adults. If there are no other teens of a similar level, the teen has private classes. Our group classes are small with a max. of 6 students per class.
Price includes: airport pick-up and drop-off, all meals, intensive & customized classes in either private or group setting, homestay chaperone, any support needed by our staff, volunteer program placement, lodging, 1 weekly cultural tour and school activities. Airfare is not included.
WHY OUR HEREDIA CAMPUS?
Our vibrant Historic Campus in Heredia downtown provides excellent facilities, a safe space for students, and skilled teachers dedicated to working with teenagers, who know what they need and how to challenge them during Spanish class, while making sure to have lots of fun at the same time. Homestays are all within walking distance of the school, so teens will be able to get quickly and safely to the school for classes each day.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE SIGNING UP:
- Teens who come on their own should expect full cultural immersion in the school and the homestay setting, where they will spend most of their time and will live with Costa Rican kids around their own age. They should not expect a summer-camp environment with lots of other foreign teens.
- Many schools or parents plan their own mini-groups, for those teens who prefer to travel with their peers from back home. In these cases, we can place teens in the same families or families very close-by, as you choose.
- Classes are intensive (4 hours per day), and involve homework and research projects appropriate to the age group. Teens are expected to be punctual, participatory and complete all assignments.
- Volunteering is a mandatory part of the curriculum, where teens can expect to work hard, have fun, and learn a great deal. The ideal teen participant approaches this experience with a positive, hands-on attitude and is willing to do whatever is required to help the host organization.
WHAT ARE YOUR NEXT STEPS?
"Just a quick note to thank you all, Intercultura team and the host family, for taking care of my son, William, during his stay in Heredia. Your school is very well-organized. William was very happy and proud of the progress he made in Spanish. " -- Martino, Gian M, (father)