Learn Spanish zero steps from the beach
Did you know that Intercultura's Samara Language School is Costa Rica's only accredited Spanish School directly on the beach?
Study Spanish at our custom-designed, beautiful beachfront campus in Playa Sámara, Guanacaste. There is no road between us and the warm ocean.
Spanish courses are given in modern, air-conditioned classrooms, all with a view of the ocean, providing an ideal spot for learning Spanish at the beach. Sometimes our teachers take students outside to hold a class or conversation hour in the gardens or on the beach under the shade of the palm trees. Our facilities provide student computers and free WiFi to students, tropical gardens leading straight onto the sand (students have time for a quick dip in the ocean during their break!), as well as student social and study areas, rancho, fridge, hammocks, a lounge and outdoor showers.
Take a short video tour through our campus and Sámara:
Sámara Beach and its town
Sámara is a hidden tropical paradise on Guanacaste's Pacific coast, boasting a superb coral reef and kilometers of unspoiled sandy beach. The 5 km long beach, lined with palm trees, provides an ideal location for surfing, kayaking and safe swimming. Sámara's little island in the bay, "Isla Chora" has a deserted beach and is accessible by kayak or boat. Though small, this typical "Tico" town has everything you need -- supermarkets, a pharmacy, restaurants, stores, hotels, nightlife, bank, post office, medical clinic, gym, internet, local art gallery etc. For more information on the town and beach, check out Revista Del Sol Travel Guide or www.samarabeach.com.
Our beach campus offers a glimpse of rural life in Costa Rica very different from that in the cities. Due to the town's small size, students quickly come to know the local population and feel at home in this warm and welcoming 'pueblo'. Beach bars & restaurants, surf schools, stores and the town center itself are all within short walking distance. Apart from the beautiful beach itself, students may visit nearby Nicoya, the colonial capital of the region, or the indigenous areas where traditional ceramics and art still flourish.
HOW TO GET TO SÁMARA BEACH
You have several options for your transportation to Playa Sámara, which we can help you arrange.
- Liberia International Airport arrivals:
- Standard taxi option arranged by Intercultura. One of our trusted taxis will take you directly to your homestay or hotel in Sámara (1.5+ hour drive).
- Car rentals are available at the airport, and are available for approx. $50-$100 for a one-day rental with drop off in Sámara. NOTE: Reserve in advance on the Internet for best rates and make sure you print out the rate given with your reservation confirmation number. This option is arranged by you.
- Juan Santamaría International Airport arrivals (San José):
- You can book our STANDARD Transportation Option: We pre-arrange a taxi for you that picks you up at the airport and brings you straight to the local bus station "Alfaro" where the direct bus to Sámara leaves at 12:00 pm every day, bus ticket included.
- Standard taxi option: You can take an airport taxi which drives you directly to your homestay in Sámara (4+ hour drive, $220+). This option is arranged by you.
- Car rentals are available at the airport, and are available for $50-$100 for a one day rental with drop off in Sámara. This option is arranged by you.
- Stopover in Heredia/ San José: If you prefer to stay overnight in the Central Valley,
- You can book our SPECIAL Transportation Package: We provide a pre-arranged one night homestay in Heredia including airport pickup, taxi to the local bus station "Alfaro" the next day and pre-paid public bus ticket to Sámara. The family will call you a taxi the next day to catch the local bus to Sámara from San José, or the private bus service Interbus, or if there is a shuttle leaving from our Heredia Campus, you may catch that (inquire for availability and price).
- Alternatively, you may stay overnight at a local hotel in Heredia or near the airport and catch a bus the next day (see above for bus options). This option is arranged by you.
- If you prefer not to take the bus, you may fly from San José to Nosara or Punta Islita local airports, approx. 35 kms from Sámara Centro, and then take a taxi to Sámara--flights only run during the dry season. This option is arranged by you.